If you’re spending more time at home lately, perhaps now is the time to consider preparing your home for the market. During this unique period of social distancing, it can be an ideal time to consult a Lakota realtor, virtually of course, and tackle some projects.
Preparing to Rent or Sell Your Luxury Home
Whether you plan to rent out your luxury home or put it up for sale, there are probably a few things you can do to increase its value. Ranging from cosmetic to structural, what can you do to make your mountain home a valued destination in the future? An experienced realtor can give you tips for preparing your second home to welcome guests.
Preparing to Sell a Home
There are a number of things you can do to prepare to sell your luxury home. Many won’t cost much, if anything, and can be done while maintaining appropriate social distancing.
- Freshen up the exterior: A new coat of paint or updated landscaping can increase the curb appeal of your home. You can do the work yourself, or hire it out to a crew that will appreciate the business during this time.
- Clear out unnecessary clutter: Without spending any money, you can stage your home for sale by removing unnecessary clutter. Take down any artwork that may cater to a specific taste, remove furniture that makes the home feel small, or simply rearrange some of the decors to highlight the home’s best features.
- Clear the air: Now that many places are experiencing warmer weather during the day, be sure to air out your home and let the fresh air in. Check for any unpleasant smells and implement strategies to remove them. You can replace your furnace filter, light candles, or do some baking to help clear the air before a showing.
Preparing to Rent a Home
If you would like to rent your winter park home next ski season, invest your time now for a payoff later. Here are some tips to get your luxury home rent-ready:
- Update photography: If you haven’t taken recent photos of your rental, now’s the time. Also, be sure to include video tours to give the best look at your amazing property and what it offers.
- Upgrade your amenities: Do you have a good wireless internet service in your rental? Make sure amenities such as Wi-Fi, cable, phone service, and the like are up-to-date and provide the best speeds possible.
- Upgrade linens: How fresh are the linens you use in your rental? Is it time to not just wash them, but replace them? You can change the feel of your renters’ experience by supplying plush towels, cozy robes, and crisp bed linens.
We hope you’re able to use these tips to prepare your home to sell or rent. Need more advice during this luxury market fluctuation? The team at Coldwell Lakota is happy to help, feel free to contact us remotely!