Opt to live in one of Colorado’s favorite mountain towns and outdoor destinations, and you will be welcomed into a tight-knit community that offers the best of both rural and urban Colorado.
Winter Park Living
- This mountain oasis fosters a village mentality, with all of the perks of an adventure destination.
- Your backyard is an organic playground if you live in Winter Park! A notable neighbor is the best ski resort in North America!
- There are plenty of options for lovers of live music and gastronomy to explore! As far as breweries and coffee shops, Colorado’s favorite brews are never far away.
- A well-designed transit system allows you the freedom to get around without a car and also reduces your carbon footprint.
- The Winter Park community hosts an array of arts and sports events…from small gatherings to colossal festivals!
The population of Colorado has been soaring for the last decade, so it’s best to get in now. Once you have made up your mind to acquire a house in Winter Park, it’s time to contemplate whether you want to build or buy:
If you want…
- A Personalized Haven
Building a home allows you to tailor your floorplan to your lifestyle, as well as add features which will flow seamlessly with it. When you get to be a part of the design process and customize it to fit your individual taste, you’ll truly feel at home.
- Peace of Mind
Building a new home may take more mental energy initially, but you can rest easy once you move in. A new home should be free of pre-existing issues or toxic materials. With a fresh set of insulation, plumbing, and electrical systems, less maintenance will be required of you, so you can focus on what really matters.
- Energy Efficiency
Improved home construction methods have ameliorated our ability to conserve energy over time. If you’d like to protect your wallet and reduce your carbon footprint in the long run, building a home is your best option!
If you can…
- Bide Your Time
It’s understandable if you “can’t wait” to move, especially with all that Winter Park has to offer! If you can bide your time, though, you can have the best of both worlds—a personalized dream home situated in the best mountain town!
- Pay More
Building a home costs a lot more than buying a home, and you run the risk of exceeding your initial budget. Make sure you’re prepared for any unexpected costs and your investment will be worth it!
- Put In Extra Effort
A lot of time, paperwork, and decision-making will be required of you during this process. Muster up the extra effort now, and you can count on being headache-free down the road! Keep in mind that you will also need to landscape your home, as well as clear the land before construction.
…Building is right for you! Here are some tips:
- Keep your expectations realistic, but mull your selections over carefully in order to expedite the construction of your home, as well as cut costs. If you do decide to make a change, submit a change order to your builder as soon as possible, taking into consideration that you may need to bring back old contractors. Ensuring that your home is still up to code may take extra time!
- You will need to gain approval on architectural drawings, as well as approval from the HOA. Obtaining permits and getting your new residence surveyed is of necessity, and land loans may prove difficult to obtain due to lack of collateral. Don’t be discouraged, but anticipate a hassle or two!
If you prefer to…
- Move In Quickly
Existing homes are optimal for those who are ready to move in right away. When you buy a house, loans are also a lot easier to come by. Without the prerequisite construction time required before moving into a new home, Winter Park will be at your fingertips in no time!
- Be Picky on Location
If the location of your home is of utmost importance, you might want to scout out prospective houses that already exist in the neighborhood you want to live in. Winter Park has a plethora of land available for purchase, but not every area is feasible for building.
- Save Money Now
If you want to know precisely how much your new residence will cost up-front, buying is the way to go! You will save a lot of money in the beginning, but it is vital to take into account that future maintenance costs may offset this. Another perk of buying is that landscaping will likely already be taken care of!
If you are happy with…
- Making Alterations
You may want a little more customization or need to remodel because of pre-existing issues. If an aspect of your home doesn’t complement your life, you can likely make a suitable renovation. You must tear-down before you can build-up, though, and that will cost you time and money!
- A Less Than Perfect Floorplan
It can be tough to find the perfect floorplan, so you may have to make a compromise or two. Although it is possible to make a couple of alterations to your layout by remodeling, keep in mind that your options might be limited.
- Unforeseen Issues
Existing homes may call for more maintenance than you’d originally expect! Depending on the age of the home you buy and the care it has seen throughout the years, you may even find that toxic materials are lurking within. Your energy bill may be higher than if you had built, and your appliances might need replacing sooner than you think!
…Buying is your best bet! Here is some advice:
- Colorado is a hotspot, with a high demand for real estate and a low supply, so don’t wait! The market is still on an upward trajectory, so this lucrative seller’s market could be advantageous for you if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- A pre-approval letter and funds for your down payment are good to have in hand if you want to beat out buyer competition. A cash offer is certainly advantageous!
Feel At Home
Whether you choose to build or buy— Get the best of what Colorado has to offer by living in Winter Park, where the development is really taking off!